Sunday, March 27, 2011

It is Super Cold Here in Roi Et!

March 28, 2011

Hello Family,

This week went by really fast but we saw some great happenings. It's also super cold today. Super. Super. Cold.

Aa and Naang are doing great. They were confirmed this week. We also saw Chaang who said something very touching to me. We were leaving after teaching him for this last time - we talked about him reading scriptures and also about Joseph Smith and the story of being tarred and feathered. As I was leaving with Elder Merrill he said to me, "I will miss you Elder. You know if it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't have gotten baptized." Chaang isn't a man of many words but he means every word he says. He won't lie. I felt so touched to think that I had a small part here in Roi Et. Their family is doing really well. Sister E and he went on vacation this last week and the week before. She is going to be opening a kidney clinic that's about 20 - 40 kilos from the city. She will now be working Monday through Friday which will be really good for their family.

Chaeron's family came to Church. They are so cute and doing well. Brother Lersen is involved in their teaching almost every time. I will miss all of these wonderful members here in Roi Et. From Mae Waruni and President Sutheb to Lersen and Aew (his wife) and Gift and Brother Giang and Sister Kay and Mae Jampii and everyone in between, I love this branch.

I love the whole identity of being Mormon. There is power in identity. As we come to realize that the power in our identity comes from God, we realize that we must live our lives in harmony with his will. I know that the Savior sees the big picture and that through Him we will be healed and receive help. I know that the Lord lives and loves us.

I really know that the Lord knows us. He knows our problems, our concerns and our challenges. I know that as we rely on him, it doesn't all work out at once, but it just works out. The scriptures can speak to us as we learn to look for answers in them. Prayer is an act of work - God expects us to act and to do our part. I know that families can be together forever and that my time in Thailand has taught me how important family is. I know that God watches us, the Gospel is restored and it will bless the lives of the Thai people.

I pray for you all daily.

Love you all so much,

Elder Jacob Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment